Etiquette Guidelines for your information and safety
As organisers, we will be sticking to our Etiquette Guidelines from previous Shows to ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable event. The following policy has been put in place by the event organisers for the safety and enjoyment of everyone at the show. By buying a ticket for RUMFEST 2015, you agree to abide by these common-sense Guidelines which have been designed to ensure a convivial, safe environment for everyone at the Show.
- RUMFEST unequivocally promotes and encourages responsible drinking by all visitors to the Show
- The legal drinking age in the UK is 18 years old. The Show Organisers may ask for proof of ID from any guests whom they believe to be underage.
- The Show is all about sampling and savouring, education, fun and enjoyment – not excess. In this respect, the Show believes in quality over quantity.
- Visitors are strongly encouraged to eat before the show and also during the Show by purchasing the food available at the venue.
- All visitors will enjoy free sampling of most of the Rums at the show NOT including the Golden Tots which have been identified in the Show Guide/Website and. All golden tots are chosen by the organisers and the brands.
- 1cl Rum samples will be given out from stands at the show.
- As well as eating, visitors are encouraged to drink plenty of water in between tots and take regular breaks from tasting during the Show.
- There will be free drinking water available from Water Coolers located throughout the venue.
- As part of their duty of care to the Show’s visitors, exhibitors will not serve anyone whom they believe to have consumed an excessive amount of alcohol.
- Safety Stewards will be on duty at the Show for the help and protection of all visitors and exhibitors.
- The Stewards will ask anyone who is inebriated or who becomes disruptive or offensive to other visitors or exhibitors to leave the Show.
- No re-admittance will be granted to anyone who has been asked to leave the Show or who has been removed from the Show for the above reasons.
- No refund will be given to anyone who has been asked to leave the Show or who has been removed from the Show for the above reasons.
- Show times are 12.00 – 6.00pm. You will be asked to vacate the venue at 6.30pm prompt. Please note there is no ‘drinking up’ time after 6.30pm.
- Exhibitors will stop pouring at 6pm on both days
- Visitors will not be allowed entry or re-entry after 5.30pm on both days.
The above guidelines, if followed correctly, should greatly enhance Visitors’ enjoyment of the Show and appreciation of the Rums and Cane Spirits available on the day.
Please note that there is a strict sampling policy in place at RUMFEST 2015.
All samples will be poured by exhibitors only into the sample glasses provided or into miniature plastic sample glasses and must be consumed at the Show. It is against Show policy for samples to be poured or transferred into sample bottles and taken away from the venue. We ask that all Show Visitors familiarise themselves with the following important sampling policy conditions:
1. 1cl samples will be given to visitors to the show.
2. Tokens for the Golden Tots can be purchased at the reception. Each token will cost £5.
All the dream tots will be identified, publicized and advertised before the show with the stand name and location specified.
1 x token for rums RRP £80 – £100
2 x token for rums RRP £101 – £150
3 x token for rums RRP £151 – £200
4 x token for rums RRP £200 and over